If the X-1 can have a stamp, why not the X-2?
Wouldn't you love to see the Bell X-2 on a stamp?
Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee
US Postal Service
1735 North Lynn St. Room 5013
Arlington, VA 22209-6432
And tell them so!
What's so special about the X-2?
- 40 degree swept-wing research airplane
- Triple sonic (3 times the speed of sound), rocket powered
- Conceived in 1945 (before the sound barrier was broken)
- Constructed of heat resistant alloys
- 1956 world's altitude and speed records
- 126,200 feet (38,466 meters)
- 1,196 miles per hour (1,925 km/hr)
Guyana's X-2 stamp (yes...Guyana)